The Community Development Director is the first point of contact when new development questions arise. This individual is responsible for overall supervision of the Department of City Planning and serves as the primary administrator for zoning, subdivision and floodplain issues. A key role includes supervising and assisting the City Planning Commission and the City Board of Zoning Appeals.
• Processes all types of applications for zoning related issues. This includes zoning district changes, special uses, annexations, site plans, subdivisions, appeals, conditional uses and variances.
• Works in an advisory capacity to provide demographic studies, maps and analysis services to the City Planning Commission, City Board of Zoning Appeals, City Commission and other city departments.
• Works with developers to coordinate data requests with other city departments to provide a "one stop shop" for those wishing to develop property within the city.
• Works with the City Commission and the City Planning Commission to develop and maintain the Comprehensive Development Plan for the City of McPherson and surrounding planning area, which forms the legal basis for the establishment of other regulatory documents.
• Works with the City Planning Commission to develop and administer all zoning, subdivision and floodplain regulations.